Free Software for Volunteer Stake Executive Secretaries
StakeExecutive is software dedicated to the strenuous needs of a Stake Executive Secretary. This webpage is temporarily parked at NHFelt.org, because I don't have another place to put it right now. StakeExecutive uses Microsoft Office (especially MS Access). The software is free of charge, but I would like to know who is using it. Send me an email (see the bottom of this page). Stake Executive Secretaries usually have the responsibility of tracking every issue (large and small) that is the responsibility of his Stake President (sometimes a Stake Clerk is involved too). The details can be mind-boggling. A good tracking and integrated workflow system is what's needed! StakeExecutive does the following good works, and has been
used in the field for years:
- Document Indexer - How many times have you needed to remember where read about something the Stake President is trying to find. Every document that is handed to you is indexed and filed.
- Agenda Builder - How many agenda items are you supposed to keep track of? 10? 20? 100? What about the High Council?
- Callings - Do you have a good system for tracking calling nominations? How about integrating those with the agenda so the President can see at a glance who's got the ball.
- Melchizedek Priesthood Advancement - This is similar to the problem of callings, and should be integrated into one system.
- Missionary Tracking - Where in the pipeline is each missionary? How many interviews are left? Where is the missionary serving? When will he or she come home? Who is coming home in the next 3 weeks?
- Assignment Tracking - High Councilors have assignments. Stake Presidency members have assignments. Who's got what? What issues on the agendas relate to each assignment?
- Calendar - The stake calendar is one of the most complex scheduling problems on earth, and all of it seems to converge on the Stake President in one way or another. StakeExecutive keeps relevant dates in front of the right people.
- Inventory Control - Who's got what key? Who's got what manual? What is the job description of each calling?
- Progress Report Tracking - Each calling may or may not require a progress report for the Stake President. If so, who turned in a progress report this month? Who didn't turn in the report? Shouldn't the status of such reports be on the Stake Presidency's agenda?
- Membership Audit - If you have Microsoft MapPoint you can produce a very interesting membership audit with StakeExecutive. Incomplete and inaccurate addresses are trapped instantly, members in the wrong ward are highlighted, and ward splitting was never easier.
- Many Reports
- Windows 98 or higher (Windows 2000 or XP recommended)
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher with Access (some Office packages leave Access out)
- Pentium II or higher (Pentium IV recommended)
- 64 Meg RAM or higher (128 recommended)
- StakeExecGUI.mdb - Main File (Version
6 March 2005 now available)
- Import MEMOUT.doc - Instructions for transferring data from Stake MIS to StakeExecutive
- Membership Audit.doc - Instructions for performing a stake membership audit using MapPoint and StakeExecutive
- Instructions - General instructions
document (under construction)
- StakeExecDb.mdb - Database (Caution! Do not replace this file if you have an existing system)
Email Jonathan Felt
Due to the lack of written documentation, call me if you have questions (801) 294-7562
and I will personally conduct a tour for you. Don't worry, I like to
serve just like you do and it's no bother at all for me.